Participate in the annual meeting of the Inflammation Network
On 31 August, the Inflammation Network will host its second annual meeting. The day will include a number of international keynote speakers and will cover all branches within the field of inflammation research. The annual meeting is open to everyone.
If you have the slightest interest in inflammation, this is a great opportunity to meet other like-minded people and to learn more about inflammation when the Inflammation Network at Health hosts its second annual meeting.
"It’s very important to us that our research network is interdisciplinary, and we therefore work with all branches within the field of inflammation – from basic research to clinical research. This is also reflected at our annual meeting,” says Trine Hyrup Mogensen, who is head of the Inflammation Network and a professor at the Department of Biomedicine, as well as a consultant at the Department of Infectious Diseases at Aarhus University Hospital.
The steering committee of the network has invited important inflammation experts from all over the world, so participants can look forward to keynote speeches on topics such as infectious immunology, tumour immunology, autoimmunology, interactions between microorganisms and host, as well as the pathogenesis of COVID-19.
The programme also contains lots of presentations and flash talks by our own experts at the faculty and from Aarhus University Hospital.
"We have a lot of exciting things on the programme, so I promise that there will be something for everyone," says Trine Hyrup Mogensen and adds: "At the annual meeting, you can delve into your own little corner within the broad field of inflammation research, but you can also learn more about what your peers and colleagues are working on in their corners. This is a great opportunity to see what is happening within the field of inflammation research and to perhaps establish new collaborations within the area."
Time, place and registration
Inflammation Network Day
- Wednesday 31 August 2022, 09:00-17:00.
- AIAS Auditorium, Høegh-Guldbergs Gade 6B, 8000 Aarhus C
Register for the annual meeting via Conference Manager by 1 August 2022 at the latest.
- Professor, Dr. Isabelle Meyts, KU Leuven, Belgium: “Disentangling autoinflammation from ADA2 to COPA”
- Professor Melanie Brinkmann, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Germany: “License to stay: How herpesviruses disrupt, evade and exploit their hosts”
- Professor Karin Broberg, Karolinska Institutet (KI), Sweden: ”Environment and inflammation - underlying mechanisms”
- Associate Professor Sunil Kumar Saini, Department of Health Technology, Technical University of Denmark: “Novel targets for cancer immunotherapy”
- Assistant Professor Balthasar Heesters, Utrecht University, The Netherlands: “Follicular dendritic cells; neglected regulators”
See full programme for the second annual meeting in the Inflammation Network